Thursday, February 18, 2010

Raymond: Weeks 1 & 2

I find it interesting that while Raymond is only 19 days old I feel like I have known him forever.  Morgan said that his first impression when holding the baby in the operating room is that he has an old soul - and maybe that is so. 

Physically he is so strong and lean.  He lost a little too much weight in the hospital but since then he has chowed away on breast milk and is filling in.  We checked out of our one week visit with the pediatrician with Raymond weighing 7 lbs 12 oz, so he is healthy and growing as he should be! Breast milk is working.  Breast feeding has become my life, and luckily he has taken to it very easily.  I kind of feel like a cow some of the time, but generally it is an amazing expereince.  I have heard over the years that it is a "bonding" expereince between mom and baby - but I never imagined what the "bonding" expereince would mean in my life.  I would like to think it will mean the same thing for Raymond but he probably won't remember.  :)  

He makes lots of grunting noises, can lift his head well, smiles in his sleep and sometimes when he comes off the boob.  He keeps filling out and developing more and more characteristics - for instance his little chin which seemed to be set into the rest of his face has filled out and now looks a lot like my chin.  I love observing the changes in is facial shape expressions every day.  It is hard to keep up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment