Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mamma Chi - Follow Up

As I previously mentioned, motherhood has changed my perspective on taking care of me.  It would be a total lie to claim that I have ever found inter peace through yoga or meditation.  I have never had the patience to perfect my practice.  As a child and into my teens I did find a great deal of peace through the ritual of church and church camp, but those days are long gone. For as long as I can remember - in all the phases of my life - I have found my soul through music.  And after a four night Phish run I am totally revived. 

Last summer I caught 6 or 7 shows while I was pregnant and had a really good time, affirming the fact that my enjoyment had  nothing to do with the party but instead with the music. However, I believe that in 2009 Phish and I were both guarded - Phish 2009 was busy trying to hit all the notes and I was busy trying to  catch them - and tune out all the party I was missing around me as the pregnant SOBER driver, etc.  Phish 2010 finds us both in a very different place.  I am so happy to be here - to have let down the guard and the concerns and let in the music -

Despite the bruises covering my legs from dancing so hard in the seats, my chi is flowing smoothly and fruitfully.  Thank God for Rock 'n Roll and Phamily, all along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment