Friday, October 30, 2009

Bradley Class - 12 (but my first)

On Monday I went to my first Bradley Method class. For those of you who are not familiar, the Bradley Method is a form of husband (or partner) coached childbirth that encourages natural, drug free delivery. The classes are a serious time commitment as it is a 12 week series.

Because we just landed, I took the 12th class (on breastfeeding) first so I wouldn't miss it due to delivery date. Morgan was in California for work so I had to go by myself. Considering the fact that I have totally been focused on more simple matters, like where we are going to live, I must admit that breastfeeding has not really been on my mind - other than the fact that I intend to breastfeed. And while I know we want to do it for at least 6 months, maybe longer, I have not even considered the logistics associated with it.

Man, are there some logistics! AH! %*#^!

I have a feeling that you probably don't want the details - and I am not sure I want to relive them yet (maybe a little closer to delivery). I did learn that I will need a pillow - or a good chiropractor. I'm opting for the pillow.

I am really looking forward to meeting the rest of my class and having a bit of community to prepare for birthing. The teacher was also very warm, informative and experienced. Several of the couples I met this week are using the same Doctor/Midwife practice and hospital Morgan and I are considering. They all have rave reviews - I hope I will be so impressed next week when I check them out myself.

And to Morgan's credit, while he missed the class on breastfeeding, he is flying back to Raleigh in between two weeks of travel for one night simply to start the Bradley Classes with me. He is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment