Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bradley Classes 1 & 2

The past two Mondays Morgan and I have headed out to our Bradley classes with notebooks, workbooks, pillows and such in arms ... I love our teacher, and literally everyone at my doctors office says she is the best Bradley teacher in the area. The class is an interesting mix of people and I hope that Morgan and I do find some community there.

The first class was very basic, and we learned exercises, etc. It was good to walk through it all in that setting with Morgan as generally it has just been me reading and telling him about what I should be doing. The main focus at the end of the class was to begin our relaxation exercises so we will be able to use the technique when I am in labor. On Sunday Morgan proved, without a doubt, that he will be able to be calm and master any personal stress to help me relax. We were watching the Redskins play the Falcons for what was a pretty terrible football game and I was sitting on the floor in the "tailor position" (yet another politically correct way of saying "Indian style") and he sat behind me and started going through the relaxation exercise and rubbing my back. He made me so calm and meditative that I didn't even know what was going on in the game. When I opened my eyes I realized that we missed another touchdown and there was a fight on the field, all of which would make Morgan crazy generally, but he overcame it to focus on me. Granted, the birth of our child will be more important than the Redskins, but I think the timing made the exercise very effective for both of us.

Last night a massage therapist came to the class and taught our husbands how to massage us during pregnancy and during labor. It was awesome! I've asked for a prenatal massage from her for Christmas ... we will see how that request goes with all of the other expenses we have right now :) And then there was MORE INFORMATION ON BREAST FEEDING. Can't seem to get away from that one. I want to breast feed for as long as possible. God willing, Thriller will never have formula. But I really don't like watching other people do it. I know, I'm supposed to be all open minded and liberal and I am - I just think that a boob and latch close up ... again ... isn't really necessary in my life. I know it'll be different once I meet Thriller and we bond and grow together through the process - but for now, can we please keep the nipple close ups at a minimum? Apparently not. Okay, time to master my fears.

1 comment:

  1. haha you crack me up with your boob-fears. understandable!

    ReplyDelete