Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crawler!

For a month or so it has been coming, any minute.  We've watched Raymond crawl one "step" and then forget how, we've seen him push himself in circle after circle, we've seen him get into "plank" position and onto his knees - but this weekend did it - we now have an all out crawler.

I tear up when I see his new independence - and how happy he is with himself as he makes progress and reached his goals.  I'm frustrated that what he seems to want the most are shoes - and he wants to put them in his mouth!  I'm terrified that we haven't really "baby proofed" yet and even more concerned that the TV is going to fall on top of him (can I rationalize getting a all mounted flat screen for safety?). 

Most of all I can't figure out how to keep up.  The Funky Farmyard isn't big enough, a twin comforter isn't big enough, a king size quilt isn't big enough.  If I look away for a second he is across the room!  I am seriously considering making a "track" that goes around our house and has activity stations along the way to interest him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment