Thursday, August 5, 2010

ReUSE -

It is one thing to get a hand me down from friends, but another to actually buy second hand clothing and baby gear for your child.  I think there is a little part of your mind that just plain old wants the best, newest, cleanest and coolest for your baby.  Which is great if you have a budget for "stuff" but I do not. 

In the past six months I have seen Raymond's needs evolve so quickly that I have been mentally preparing myself to buy second hand, but the only shop that I knew of is just okay - and never has anything I need right when I need it.  On Tuesday I drove all the way out to North Raleigh to check out another shop and it was CLOSED when I got there (note: remember to call to make sure places are still in businesses in this economy).  Yesterday I found an AWESOME shop that I have driven past dozens of times.  Kid to Kid - it is a chain second hand shop.  Their store is clean and well organized, their staff is helpful, they are very selective about what they buy and their prices are great!  YAY! 

I was able to get the Bumbo seat that I have wanted for a while with the trey for half of the price I would have spent buying it new - and it is in GREAT shape.  It looks new enough to me.  Morgan still didn't approve of my purchase as a real need - but when we are at the beach for the next week without a high chair I think he will change his tune. 

No comments:

Post a Comment