Thursday, January 20, 2011

Babies Babies Everywhere!

We have dear friends all over the country with newborns.  It is so wonderful to know that they are experiencing the pure JOY of becoming parents, or in some cases having their second child.

I was particularly touched when reading the birth story of Miss Esther Pearl Sasser Strom this morning.  As Sabrina put it, I too have been " robbed me of a lot of innate confidence that I had previously held that my body would know how to have a baby."

All of the preparation that we did for a natural birth went out the window when my blood pressure started rising.  I do not regret any of the decisions or care I received in Raymond's birth.  But it has created a disconnect from my hopes for a natural birth and ultimately from my confidence as a woman.  Reading about Esther's birth has helped me remember what I wanted to experience! 

YAY Sabrina, Eric and Esther!  Thank you for sharing your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment