Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I don't know how she did it ...

My husband is out of town for work all week, and it happens to be the busiest week of my part time (not so part time this week) job, my technology is failing me all around and Raymond is changing his sleep schedule to take one nap.  I am blessed that I have a child that goes into these transitions easily.  I, on the other hand, am not transitioning very well.

But in the heat of my frustration I find myself taking deep breaths and pausing and thinking of my mom.  My parents were divorced (and her heart broken )when i was 3.  During the summers we had a lot of family and friends around in Elkmont to help care for me - and close friends in Gatlinburg too - but really she did the day to day totally alone.  And I think she did a great job.

The thought of my mother is inspiring.  I can make it through and hope to be as wonderful as she was.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how motherhood has enabled me to see my mother in a whole new way. Makes sense, but the personal revelation is no less monumental when you put reason to it . . .

    ReplyDelete