Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cooper:The Ultimate Protector

I've mentioned throughout the blog that Cooper has been very attentive throughout my pregnancy - I still think he was the first to know that I was expecting. He is especially protective when strangers approach me. Since we have been in Raleigh there has been a lot of rain - causing southern storms unlike those we experienced in California. Today has been one of those stormy, windy rainy days.

Cooper has not only refused to leave my side throughout the storms, but today he has taken it to another level. This morning I woke up to find his paws tucked under my ever increasing belly. As the winds have gotten stronger so has his devotion. Not only does he feel the need to be right next to me but whenever possible he puts himself right next to my belly. He seems totally drawn to touch it and I know that Thriller has been kicking (or punching or elbowing) in areas where Cooper has been resting his head and he has to be able to feel it.

I can't wait to see Cooper greet Thriller! I might have to buy a video camera to document the occasion.

1 comment:

  1. if you don't have a video camera by then I'll have to buy one for you damn it!!! I miss you so much and am soooo very happy to be following along via blog!

    ReplyDelete