Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The final countdown! It's driving me INSANE.

Okay, really, 7 more days? I don't know if I can stand it. I keep reminding myself it is good for the baby to stay in until term - - - best for the baby, best for the baby, best for the baby. We just want to meet the baby!

We have packed, repacked, added items, and packed again.

Every time I sigh, grown or make another noise when standing or moving around Morgan jumps into position, stopwatch in hand, in case labor has started. (There are a lot of noises along these lines once you hit 37 plus weeks - everything just hurts, I think) It is pretty much the cutest thing in the WORLD that he is so ready and attentive, but there seems to be a series of letdown expressions when I have to confess that I am not in labor, just struggling to move that is breaking my heart!

That being said I have had a couple of intense Braxton-Hicks contractions ... but, according to the exam yesterday, I continue to be effaced and soft, but not dilated. Following my appointment I went to get a massage and had all of my labor points worked like crazy with the hope that something would happen - but nothing yet. She did work a crazy point on my chin which is apparently aligned directly with my cervix which seemed very powerful.

I waddle, hurt and need food and sleep all the time. The cold air/central heat combo has created and intense sinus pressure that is causing a weird ear/nose/throat grossness that I hate. I've gained a whopping 17 pounds in pregnancy, all in the last 6 weeks, and I really feel it. And I have pretty much regressed into complaining a lot (as I am sure you can all tell). And I feel guilty about that.

Mainly I want to meet Thriller. What will he/she look like? Will he/she have the Vickery webbed toe? Will he/she sleep well? I want to know! I don't have the need to know the sex or even have a name - just to hold the baby and look into its eyes. It is all I want in the world at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment